XC Bike Trip: Oregon to Virginia

Most of my life has been spent working towards something: high school and college degrees, fulfilling my commitment to Teach for America and the Rotary Scholarship program, completion of my JP Morgan analyst tenure. I've been fortunate to have been provided these many wonderful opportunities and to have met some of the most amazing people along the way. There has been pain, joy, triumph, and defeat. Looking back, I have the utmost appreciation of these moments and wouldn't change a single one.

What needs to change, however, is my perspective. I need to spend a little less time on figuring out how to get where I’m going and a little more on why I want to go there, all the while giving a greater admiration to those things that make life special along the way. As one adventure ends and a new one begins, I look forward to new challenges, emotions, and individuals it will bring with it. Here’s to the journey!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ready to Launch

Spent the night in Coos Bay, OR and most of the morning getting everything in order.  About an hour from launching and only a minor wig out on the way up....as to be expected I guess.  Generally posts will be more well written but figured it was best to notify everyone since I'll be starting the Track My Tour App today.

Only one thing left to do before we start...


1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Love that we can "track your tour" from the office. You're being watched. So fun! How many flats are you prepared to fix? Sounds like you'll need to swing into a bike shop asap to load up on supplies. Be safe out there (and keep eating HUGE meals!). If you were in the office today I would have shared my enormous rice krispy treat (you know which one I'm talking about).